From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:37:13 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
> <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>> Since I have some spare time I wonder if I could help with Git introduction into
Apache.

>> Are there any free tasks?
>
> Yeah, here's some on my TODO list:
>
> * Create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/git/
> and copy the mirror scripts from my Github project to there
>
> * Clean up the mirror scripts and add some usage documentation
>
> * Create http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html and seed it with the
> information we currently have in the wiki.
>
> * Document things like how to request a new mirror (file an INFRA
> issue with project name, svn URL, and the trunk/branches/tags layout
> used by the project) and how to request a mirror update for a project
> being moved (INFRA issue with svn URLs before and after the change).

I guess we can take care of it once we have JIRA project in place.

> * Create a commit hook (or email update) script that we could use to
> automatically sync a Git mirrors whenever a commit affects the
> mirrored subtree. Unlike my current email update script, this script
> should be able to automatically detect (using the git-svn metadata)
> which Git mirror needs to be updated based on the paths updated in the
> svn commit.

Is it possible to subscribe to some notification list that notifies about any commit made
into public part of our svn?
If so I would like to subscribe to it and then I could experiment with writing such a script.

May I have an access (read-only is enough at this stage) to your current server so I can check
all small details of the
current setup?

> * Figure out a way to run gitweb, cgit, or another git web interface
> in a way that doesn't require separate processes to be spawned for
> each HTTP request.
>
> * Update the mirror scripts to use svn.eu.apache.org internally, but
> record svn.apache.org in the commit messages.

That seems to be very easy as git-svn supports it.

> * Create a script that updates all svn.eu.apache.org references in the
> commit messages of the current mirrors to svn.apache.org.

May have a look into this as well.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski