From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF LDAP Project - Update
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:42:40 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Brian E. Fox wrote:
>> Hi Tony,
>> Is the LDAP install at a point where it could be integrated for
>> authentication of committers (if not authentication and authorization)?
>> There's a discussion about using Nexus to manage the Apache Repo at
>> infra@ and LDAP is the easiest integration we could use for security.
>> Perhaps this could be a pilot of the LDAP integration on some level?
>>

> Brian,
>
> As per my reply to your thread on infra@ [1] - The LDAP project is
> still way off yet.  We are waiting for the ApacheDS to release a
> version with some features that we require.
>
> Basically read this as, LDAP wont be available for public service for
> some months yet.

I sadly can't agree more :/ We are doing our best to prove that plural
start with number 2 ...

PS: the lacking features are replication and disaster recovery. Both are
linked, and both are totally broken, as we discovered last month.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org