From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF LDAP Project - Update
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:55:25 GMT
Brian E. Fox wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> Is the LDAP install at a point where it could be integrated for
> authentication of committers (if not authentication and authorization)?
> There's a discussion about using Nexus to manage the Apache Repo at
> infra@ and LDAP is the easiest integration we could use for security.
> Perhaps this could be a pilot of the LDAP integration on some level?

Brian,

As per my reply to your thread on infra@ [1] - The LDAP project is still
way off yet.  We are waiting for the ApacheDS to release a version with
some features that we require.

Basically read this as, LDAP wont be available for public service for
some months yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[1]  Mesage ID = 4986A44C.4000402@apache.org

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org  // pctony@freenode.net
http://blog.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66