From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:32:37 GMT
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for the late response :-/
> I think it would make sense to put it on a zone hosted on odyne. Odyne
> is located in the in the same datacenter (SARA) as harmonia (EU SVN).
>
> Cheers,
> Norman
>
> 2009/1/21 Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com>:
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As discussed, I'd like to start moving the git clones from my server
>>> to Apache infrastructure. The best way to do this seems to be to set
>>> up a new Solaris zone for this purpose. Here's a rough starting point
>>> for documenting such a zone:
>>
>> From the peanut gallery, I think leveraging either harmonia (EU SVN
>> mirror) or thor (new box @ OSU OSL) might make more sense than using a
>> Solaris zone off helios/gaea/hyperion/etc.  -- justin

One of the issues I see when using EU SVN is that committing multiple
git commits is a painful manual process of multiple git svn rebase +
git svn dcommit as it seems we need to wait for EU SVN to resync with
EUA SVN.

Are we still going to have restrictions to only use EU SVN once we
bring the git clones more close to the apache infra ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk