From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Security settings in Jira
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:13:53 GMT

Are you talking about a new project or an existing one?

> Do I need a separate project for that or can I specify the security
> settings per component or even per issue? Once the problem has been
> fixed and the fix released, how do I make the related Jira issue
> public?

No separate project needed. If you have an existing project you can assign
it to an Issue Security Scheme - copying the infra or prc security scheme
first would be good and then associate your project to it.

The project can be set so that by default, all issues created are 'private'
- that is can be so that only the project team and the reporter can see it.

Once your happy it is resolved, you can edit an issue and mark it as public,
then as long you set permissions that anyone can see closed/resolved/public
issues, your all set.

If you need a hand doing this, let me know.

Gav...