From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pointing git repo to a new svn mirror ... Fwd: Git repo for Apache Qpid
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:45:10 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> How did you move the git repo  to point to a new location ? I have
> a local repo pointing to apache svn eu mirror, and I'd like to
> experiment moving it to commit direct to svn us to avoid issues when
> committing multiple local commits.

My script was for updating a mirror when a project is moved within an
svn repository. You're trying to change the address of the svn
repository, so my script won't help you.

However, you should be able to achieve this effect with the
--rewrite-root option. You may want to try something like this
(untested):

    git clone git://jukka.zitting.name/tuscany-sca.git
    cd tuscany-sca
    git svn init --prefix=origin/ \
        --trunk=java/sca --branches=branches --tags=tags \
        --rewrite-root=https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf \
        https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany
    git svn rebase

BR,