From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Copies at GitHub (Was: Meeting with GitHub folks at ApacheConEU 2009?)
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:56:50 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
> <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>> Are there any news on BoF meeting about Git with GitHub folks?
>
> Not much. I got the impression that they were still thinking about how
> actively they should focus on the ApacheCon, but it looks like they're
> excited about our efforts so perhaps that helps move things forward on
> that front. I'll keep you posted about the status.

Thank you. I'm interested in various details because I'm not sure if I'll attend all 5 days
(if any of course).

> PS. Have you already seen http://www.apache.org/travel/? I believe
> having you at the conference would definitely benefit both you and the
> foundation, so you should definitely apply for travel assistance
> unless you already have a company or some other entity who's willing
> to cover your costs. Note that the application period ends on Feb 6th.

I'm just a student and I'm not employed as studying maths can hardly be combined with regular
work. I worked during the
summer, though. So there is no entity that could cover my expenses apart from, possibly, the
ASF. Just for a sake of
completness: I attended ApacheCon EU 2008 (hackathon days) thanks to David Crossley that kindly
sponsored my travel.
It's another occasion to express my gratitude for that.

I've seen travel assistance in the past and even subscribed to TAC's mailing list but I didn't
have a time to follow it
lately. If application period is already open then I wonder why PMCs were not informed? At
least nothing appeared at
Cocoon's PMC list.

--
Best regards,