From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:59:11 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed, I'd like to start moving the git clones from my server
> to Apache infrastructure. The best way to do this seems to be to set
> up a new Solaris zone for this purpose. Here's a rough starting point
> for documenting such a zone:

I agree with Justin, we should try to productionize this as much as
possible, including using role users, and putting it on a real machine,
not a shared zone box (might still run it on a zone on thor, but not
shared with other random TLP things).

How are you currently running gitweb?

I started looking, and it seems to only support CGI or, running inside
mod_perl -- it seems we would want to use the mod_perl version of course
for reasonable performance.

I'm also concerned that it appears kernel.org has forked gitweb for
performance enhancements, and the upsteam project has not taken these in:
<http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/22/338>

Did we want to run gitweb, or another git web based frontend?

Thanks,

Paul