From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject ASF LDAP Project - Update
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 21:19:10 GMT
Good evening,

Just before Christmas Emmanuel and myself got one instance on ADS
running in a zone. We spent time tweaking the schema slightly, and doing
a test import of all committers using an LDIF file.

Now that the festive period is out of the way, I have picked up the
baton again and I am prepping for the next phase of testing.  This
involves deploying a 2nd instance of ADS on another zone (which is
cunningly in the other datacentre (SARA)) so that we can test
multi-master and site to site replication.  However at the moment the
ADS guys are currently going througha code reivew of mitosis (this is
the MM & replication system). It is expected that should be completed
with 2 weeks.

Once the directory project have informed me that they are done with
their review, we will set this up.

In the mean time I am going to try (time and free cycles permitting) try
and discover some good working configurations for httpd/svn and shell
access.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org  // pctony@freenode.net
http://blog.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66