From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git repo for Apache Qpid
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:37:26 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
> git clone http://jukka.zitting.name/git/r/qpid.git runs but eventually
> fails with:
>
> walk 947e774e3071978b0b29b8810ae023f51ab70f61
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> I'm behind a proxy atm, I'll try it from somewhere without a proxy
> this evening UTC.

I had a similar problem report with the Hive mirror. The problem was a
missing git-update-server-info on the server. I ran it for Qpid now.

I've configured update-server-info to be run as a part of the update
hook on all mirrors, but apparently "git svn fetch" doesn't run that
hook. I now added the update-server-info call explicitly to my update
script to make sure that it really gets called whenever needed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting