From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tweaking Git config so committers can dcommit after cloning
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:20:48 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> I've done a quick test. Just cloned your repo again, executed these two commands and
the result can
> be seen here:
> http://jukka.zitting.name/git/?p=cocoon.git;a=commit;h=6b47790388e5a9e91eb8c319134b68e85d4b14dd

Nice, you've so earned a beer from me!

> Basically, this proves that this method works but we'll have to investigate further to
check if we
> don't need to create symbolic links for *all* branches that git svn creates.

The mirror update script I use already does set up local copies of all
git-svn branches so I guess this is already covered. The only reason I
didn't do the same for the trunk is that I explicitly mapped the
git-svn trunk to the more git-like local "master" branch in a mirror.

BR,

Jukka Zitting