From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tweaking Git config so committers can dcommit after cloning
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:30:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<grek@tuffmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like committers can clone from your repository in order to avoid extensive cloning
from svn
> and push back their changes to svn server after initializing git-svn properly. Moreover,
if
> committers are careful enough (e.g. they make sure that authors file is always up-to-date)
then they
> can easily exchange their trees with other so all power of Git is available for them.

Excellent stuff! This seems like a major leap forward.

> Jukka, could you try to set this on Cocoon? Then I would like to try cloning and initializing
git
> svn. If we are successful then we can start documenting how to clone, how to work with
cloned
> repository and, finally, how to push changes back to Subversion.

Done, there's now a "trunk" branch in the Cocoon mirror that points to
the refs/remotes/trunk branch managed by git-svn. If it works well,
I'll do the same also for all the other mirrors.

BR,

Jukka Zitting