From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:30:43 GMT
Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:

> I see your point. And we'd better put every non-committers created on
> another LDAP server too, in order to avoid DOS (creating an entry on
> LDAP is _costly_, I can imagine some robots creating thousands of
> entries in confluence for many reasons...)

What though stops a robot creating thousands of entries in confluence
right now?

The registration mechanism that I created supports RECAPTCHAs to ensure
a reasonable chance the people registering are human, as well as an
email challenge response mechanism to add another layer of complexity
for people attempting auto registrations, so this could be a potential
solution to this.

My gutfeel though is two separate servers might be a bit of a pain to
use and administer.

Regards,
Graham