From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:52:39 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:

> Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> I understand that we're going to be starting with committers only,
>>> however, I'd like to understand how this structure will work for
>>> non-committers, and how it will work when non-committers become
>>> committers.
>>>
>>> How do you see that working?
>>>
>> IMO, there should be a flag in the entry set to TRUE when the person
>> get karma. This is somehow exposed in the proposed OC I posted 2
>> weeks ago.
>>
>> So you cna mix committers and non-committers in the same branch,
>> getti,ng all committers will just be a matter of using a filter like
>> (asf-committer=TRUE).
>>

> I don't like the idea of this.  The idea that a non committer can
> create an account through bugzilla with a "cn=foobar" and therefore
> allowing them to squat on any given free namespace, doesn't sit well
> with me.
I see your point. And we'd better put every non-committers created on
another LDAP server too, in order to avoid DOS (creating an entry on
LDAP is _costly_, I can imagine some robots creating thousands of
entries in confluence for many reasons...)

> I ideally want to use a different subtree to keep them distinctly
> apart, and using a different OC, perhaps.  As I think we need to use
> the email address they provide as the DN for their object.  Not just
> any old name.
Not a problem. We can then use mail=joe@the.plumber instead of
cn=something as the RDN for those users...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org