From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:32:44 GMT

Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:

>>> I'm currently processing the committers, mixing the iclas.txt file
>>> with the /etc/passwd, in order to have a complete entry for each of
>>> us. It takes time, because there are more entries into passwd than we
>>> have committers (some committers have been obvioulsy removed from the
>>> iclas.txt file, or some users have been granted access without being
>>> present in iclas.txt).
>>>
>>> The tree I suggest, from now on, will be something like
>>> cn=<committer>,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org
>>>
>>> I will be done in around one hour with the big LDIF file.
>>>

>> I understand that we're going to be starting with committers only,
>> however, I'd like to understand how this structure will work for
>> non-committers, and how it will work when non-committers become
>> committers.
>>
>> How do you see that working?
>>
> IMO, there should be a flag in the entry set to TRUE when the person get
> karma. This is somehow exposed in the proposed OC I posted 2 weeks ago.
>
> So you cna mix committers and non-committers in the same branch,
> getti,ng all committers will just be a matter of using a filter like
> (asf-committer=TRUE).

I don't like the idea of this.  The idea that a non committer can create
an account through bugzilla with a "cn=foobar" and therefore allowing
them to squat on any given free namespace, doesn't sit well with me.

I ideally want to use a different subtree to keep them distinctly apart,
and using a different OC, perhaps.  As I think we need to use the email
address they provide as the DN for their object.  Not just any old name.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66