From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:29:26 GMT

Upayavira wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 23:50 +0100, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
>> Tony Stevenson wrote:

>>> Ok, we now have two test zones.  These are to test EU <--> US multi
>>> master services.  Clearly we only need to begin with one.
>>>
>>> Emmanuel, do you have your suggested OC, and tree design?  I want to
>>> get these into SVN before dishing out access to these Solaris zones,
>>> and installing anything.
>> I'm currently processing the committers, mixing the iclas.txt file with
>> the /etc/passwd, in order to have a complete entry for each of us. It
>> takes time, because there are more entries into passwd than we have
>> committers (some committers have been obvioulsy removed from the
>> iclas.txt file, or some users have been granted access without being
>> present in iclas.txt).
>>
>> The tree I suggest, from now on, will be something like
>> cn=<committer>,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org
>>
>> I will be done in around one hour with the big LDIF file.
>
> I understand that we're going to be starting with committers only,
> however, I'd like to understand how this structure will work for
> non-committers, and how it will work when non-committers become
> committers.

See my follow up mail.  With an example tree.  Where by external/3rd
parties are contained in a different subtree to ASF people.

We do not have any firm agreements on the tree design yet, but that is
my next objective for this group.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66