From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:28:23 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 23:50 +0100, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>
>> Tony Stevenson wrote:

>>> Ok, we now have two test zones.  These are to test EU <--> US multi
>>> master services.  Clearly we only need to begin with one.
>>>
>>> Emmanuel, do you have your suggested OC, and tree design?  I want to
>>> get these into SVN before dishing out access to these Solaris zones,
>>> and installing anything.
>>>
>> I'm currently processing the committers, mixing the iclas.txt file with
>> the /etc/passwd, in order to have a complete entry for each of us. It
>> takes time, because there are more entries into passwd than we have
>> committers (some committers have been obvioulsy removed from the
>> iclas.txt file, or some users have been granted access without being
>> present in iclas.txt).
>>
>> The tree I suggest, from now on, will be something like
>> cn=<committer>,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org
>>
>> I will be done in around one hour with the big LDIF file.
>>

> I understand that we're going to be starting with committers only,
> however, I'd like to understand how this structure will work for
> non-committers, and how it will work when non-committers become
> committers.
>
> How do you see that working?

IMO, there should be a flag in the entry set to TRUE when the person get
karma. This is somehow exposed in the proposed OC I posted 2 weeks ago.

So you cna mix committers and non-committers in the same branch,
getti,ng all committers will just be a matter of using a filter like
(asf-committer=TRUE).

> Upayavira

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny