From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues trying to commit to svn.eu.a.o using git
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:03:19 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried the same with a clean checkout and commit using only svn and
>> I' m getting a simmilar error :
>
> I'm having other probelms with svn.eu, it's been 403 my commits (see
> thread on infra@) and today it is noticeably (~5 minutes) lagging
> behind commits.

This is why:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=727304

40 minutes to do a change with 13,625 files in one commit.

It took quite some time for the mirror to sync across the Atlantic.

With the current svn client & server, it doesn't handle the out of sync
master & slave very well, but in theory with some work on subversion, it
could always proxy through to the master when it is out of date, so at
least the user experience would not be broken.

-Paul