From chris <ch...@ia.gov>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:01:53 GMT

> No, we are not going down the path of doing mod_sesion right now.
>
> Keep it simple, keep it bounded, get the core-services running, and skip
> on all this right now.
>
> -Paul

+1

Small initial scope.  Keep it simple and remain flexible enough to deal with what may come
where "what may come" is as
identified by the later phases of Tony's plan.

It is my understanding that this is to be a tool to make life easier for the Infrastructure
team and that they have
identified these core services as being the best place to start.  Some of the responses I
have seen so far suggest
people thinking very big and far off, with grand ideas of the future.  Wonderful stuff with
great potential value.  All
great ideas to be considered as we trot forward.  For now though, do not lose sight of the
primary goal of making things
easier to manage by turning this into something more complex than need be.

Throwing my hat in the ring to help with this however I can.

christopher rhodes
chris@ia.gov