From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:39:42 GMT

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> No, we are not going down the path of doing mod_sesion right now.
>>
>> Keep it simple, keep it bounded, get the core-services running, and
>> skip on all this right now.
>
> What is your definition of "core-services"?

As stated a few times the basic we want to support, intially at least,
are SVN and shell access to people.a.o

Anything other than that will fall into a following phase of the
deployment. I don't think we could sustain a big-bang cut over to LDAP
for all public services from day 1.

So moving in other services after the fact will also allow us to learn
how best to achieve such moves without it blowing up in our faces.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66