From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:03:03 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> No, we are not going down the path of doing mod_sesion right now.
>
> Keep it simple, keep it bounded, get the core-services running, and skip
> on all this right now.

What is your definition of "core-services"?

I have found from experience that most apps out there already work
really well with normal CGI environment variables, or basic auth headers
handed to them from Apache. And it turns out that httpd is really good
at providing those header and variables to underlying apps, on condition
  the user is authnz to httpd.

Trying to configure apps like bugzilla and friends to access LDAP
directly is doing this the hard way.

Regards,
Graham