From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:54:31 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:

> As I say, I want to prevent this from becoming the mother of all
> databases.  So for now let's keep it simple. I am not sure if we want
> to move .forward files into LDAP just yet, think of the number of
> directory lookups when email committers@ for example.
Last time I did some perf tests on ADS, random searches into a 10K users
for a specific indexed attribute, I was able to load my poor centrino
duo 2Ghz laptop and get back around 5000 req/s... We did the same test
with Alex (random searches) on a 8 way cpus, with 5 millions entries,
and get 13 000 req/s handled smoothly (the server wasn't eating more
than 60% CPU). And with OpenLdap, you can get twice those numbers ...

So the number of requests we will have is, IMHO, not a real pb atm.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org