From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:36:04 GMT

Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Graham Leggett wrote:
>> Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>
>>> So, who wants to come up to the table and volunteer to help drag the
>>> ASF into the 1990's of authentication?  :-)
>>
>> I volunteer to configure and set up https://www.apache.org, and
>> volunteer to configure the single signon stuff present in httpd
>> v2.3.0+, in readiness for being backed by an LDAP server.
> I'm in, too. I can try first to define a basic schema, and migrate our
> current users into a LDAP server.

Ok,  so we have 3 folks so far.

Emmanuel
Graham
and myself.

Let's not start carving up the work just yet.  :-)

Graham we have not yet agreed, i.e. have had written in stone, what we
will and will not support. Plus I am not sure what https://www.a.o has
to do with  LDAP.  AFAIK there is no authentication required when
browsing that site.

I think there is one other person who is willing to help us. I just want
him to announce himself. Rather than being 'outed' by me.  :-)

I think once we have 4 people, we can consider the next steps.

* What we want to achieve from LDAP
* How we want to deploy it
* etc

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66