From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking Git config so committers can dcommit after cloning
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:36:24 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Done, there's now a "trunk" branch in the Cocoon mirror that points to
>> the refs/remotes/trunk branch managed by git-svn. If it works well,
>> I'll do the same also for all the other mirrors.
>
> I tried the setup with a few commits to Tika and it worked very well.
> Thus I've now made the "trunk" change to all the mirrors.

Hi Jukka,

I've tested this setup with Cocoon using different branches, etc. and it worked for me as
well.

I've started to write a guide for Apache folks explaining how to work with Git. I hope to
finish it
this week.

The only unresolved issue is that svn.eu.apache.org becomes little bit lagged when you commit
something so automatic rebase after dcommit fails for me.

The only workaround I've come up with is to use --no-rebase option along with dcommit and
rebase a
few seconds later. Do you know any better solution?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski