From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:30:09 GMT

Tony Stevenson wrote:

  > I have just updated these a little.

I have now updated them again, following this email thread,
conversations on IRC and in emails with other folks.

I would like to see a few folks step forward and volunteer to shepard
through a small part of the who project, to try and get more eyes on the
work that needs to be done, but also so more people can have some input
as to how LDAP will be shaped.

I believe that LDAP is the way forward for the ASF to manage
authentication & authorisation for public services. As such I think we
should steer clear of using it to store every possible attribute
possible about a person. It should remain a database for access control,
and not a database full of bloat.

So, who wants to come up to the table and volunteer to help drag the ASF
into the 1990's of authentication?  :-)

Some ideas of how we can split the work, or rather into what sections
are also welcome.  i.e.  desisn, testing, documenting, implementation, etc

Once we have a list of folks, and how we think we could divvy up the
work we can proceed.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66