From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CLAs and LDAP
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 02:45:43 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> In the ldap schema, we likely need some way to mark someone as having
>> a CLA or not.
>
> If we had a self-maintained account system, then we could incorporate
> the CLA in the account-granting process.  In other words, display the
> CLA and have them enter their name (while logged in) to indicate that
> they accept the CLA (or not).  That amounts to a digital signature
> under US law and we wouldn't need the scans.

*cough* So, just to confirm, if we came out with a web based 'sign the
cla' web app, which was directly tied to svn (and shell) account
creation, this would eliminate the current need for how we do CLAs?

I've always wondered why we couldn't do it all digital, and if there
really aren't any other barriers, we should just go do it.