From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CLAs and LDAP
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 01:50:55 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 06/12/2008, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Paul Querna wrote:
>>

>>> In the ldap schema, we likely need some way to mark someone as having a
>>>
>> CLA or not.
>>
>>  If the person has a CLA, then the attribute will be present with the CLA as
>> a pdf. Otherwise, the attribute will be empty.
>>

> By the way:
>
> Not all CLAs are PDFs.
> There are also GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF, RTF and even at least one TXT file ...

This is something we will have to take care of.

One way to do that is to encapsulate the file and its content into a
java object, and store this java object into the server (it will be
serialized). Not all the LDAP server support java
serialization/deserialization ...

Another option would be to use attribute options :

asf-cla;pdf for pdf file
or
asf-cla;tif for TIF file,

etc... (Not all the LDAP server support attributes options.)
> Also, some CLAs are currently stored as multiple files, one file per page.

Same problem, same solution.
> Furthermore, sometimes there is more than one distinct CLA for the
> same person - perhaps because of change of address or e-mail.

Attributes can be multivalued, so it's not a problem in this case.

However, I think we should update the spec document with the given
constraints.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com