From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: LDAP : first step
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:54:13 GMT
On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 23:33 +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:

> Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> > Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> >> Cool. Any particular reason not to use o=apache.org?
> >>
> > No. Just because ou=<xxx> is most commonly used. Regarding the
> > apache.org , it's also more common to see the organizations (apache)
> > separated from the root (org), thus the "ou=apache,ou=org".
> >

> I agree.  I'd like to see them split, this is common place in most all
> LDAP deployments.

Hmm, so you're saying that, the process of my becoming a committer would
be (not necessarily valid LDAP):

cn=uv@odoko.co.uk, ou=people, ou=external, dn=apache, dn=org
  email: uv@odoko.co.uk
  password: happy123

Thus, I can log into Jira via uv@odoko.co.uk and happy123

I then become a committer. My entry is changed to:

cn=upayavira, ou=people, dn=apache, dn=org
  email: uv@odoko.co.uk
  password: happy123

I can still log in to Jira with the same credentials, but I can also now
use SVN and other committer only resources.

Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

Upayavira