From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: cleanup of /www/www.apache.org/dist/*
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:42:13 GMT
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, David Crossley wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:19:56 +1100
> From: David Crossley <crossley@apache.org>
> To: infrastructure-dev@apache.org
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl>
> Subject: Re: cleanup of /www/www.apache.org/dist/*
>
> Henk P. Penning wrote:
> [snip]

> Would it be possible for your tool to summarise at
> the level of each KEYS file rather than just the top-level?
> For example, "incubator" and "xml" and "ws" etc. would
> then have more relevant detail.

David,

   there are now 169 KEYS files ; see

     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/checker/md5.html

   I think that's a little too much detail ; some projects
   keep KEYS files deep in the tree, on the version level,
   for example tomcat.

   I'll see what I can do ; maybe report (per project) on
   the highest level where a KEYS files is found.

   Hobby horse:

     wouldn't it be nice to have a formal description of the
     ((sub-)sub-)project structure, sitting in a database,
     instead of trying to glean this info from '/dist/' ?

     also, the KEYS file setup stinks imho ; for a proposal
     to improve things, see

       http://people.apache.org/~henkp/trust/

> -David

   HPP

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 253 2804 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/                 M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/