From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject dev stats and graphs
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 06:33:57 GMT
I've started playing with:
<http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/>

It uses a bunch of json files stored at:
<http://www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/>

Things to do:
- Build page navigation, to go up and down the graphs.

- Better way to organize TLPs, right now I put in an hard coded list,
because showing all 70 at once is just a big blob.

- More data sources.  Right now I only pull in from Subversion and the
Mail Archives.

- Once you go to a TLP, you should be able to show subversion data for
that tlp vs mail traffic, maybe check boxes for which datasoruces to show?

The graphs are generated using flot and jquery:
<http://code.google.com/p/flot/>

There are two programs that generate these json files.  In the long run
I intend to update the json files once a day, but that isn't quite
running yet.

mailstats.py:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/mailstats.py>
Which just scrapes mail-archives.apache.org.

svnstats.py:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/stats/svnstats.py>

Which uses my svnstat[1] program to read form an sqlite3 databases some
stats generated from the raw subversion repository

If you are playing with it, I would recommend jut pulling down a copy of
the json files, from
people.apache.org:/x1/www/www.apache.org/dev/stats/json/

patches welcome.....

[1] - http://svn.i-want-a-pony.org/repos/svnstats/trunk/