From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:58:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Jira, Confluence, Bugzilla should all be able to accept an email address
> as their unique ID. Moin however will not accept an email address
> (alphanumeric only), so we'd need to work something else out there
> (simply strip @ and . from the email address??)

I configured Moin at a client where the userid was an email address
(actually, it was an active directory user principle name, which is in
the same format as an email address). While it may have been true of
older versions of Moin, it wasn't still the case for us.

Moin was configured to auto-register the user if present, so end users
didn't have to go through any external Moin specific registration
process to keep Moin happy - if they were logged in to httpd, and they
hit Moin, Moin would magically be editable without the user having to do
anything (except be logged in).

Regards,
Graham