From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:51:49 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:

>> Bugzilla integrates nicely with the mod_auth_* modules as well on a
>> much simpler level.
>>
>> The modules are capable of exporting the user's name, email address,
>> and any other details you like into the environment, and bugzilla can
>> pick those details up from the environment, silently auto-creating the
>> user if necessary.
>>

> Not sure I am comfortable with silent auto-creation of anything, let
> alone users :-)

I meant the autocreation of users in Bugzilla, not autocreation of users
in general.

The user would already be known to the ASF, and would have already
logged in, so there would be no point in expecting Bugzilla to ask the
user to tell it information that the httpd instance running above it
already knows with certainty.

Regards,
Graham