From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:05:49 GMT

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>>> On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 01:40 +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>> Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>>
>>> A few people have helped start gathering requirements, and ideas here ->
>>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/ldap-project/
>>
>> Providing a centralised authentication scheme for SVN, Jira, Bugzilla,
>> Moin and Confluence will be enough work as it is!
> Bugzilla integrates with LDAP already too and AD even (shudder).
>
> I agree root@, sudo, and admin stuff can stay off this until its
> implemented.  This is relatively trivial to add anyway with SSH keys and
> PAM (at least for the FBSD boxes) after LDAP is up and running. Even
> then its not really worth it for < 10 users/box.
>
> I saw kerberose was raised at one point.  I know freebsd.org uses it
> cross country for FREEBSD.ORG, but I don't particularly like it in a
> mixed os environment.

Philip,

Why exactly don't you like Kerberos in a mixed OS platform?  It is
extremely portable and cross platform friendly.

Also, let me state for the record, for everyone, we will not be using
LDAP for sudo.  We dont need to cover this ground anymore  :-)

Can we please all move on to discussing the scheme so we can at least
move to the next stage...

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org
http://www.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66