From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:38:58 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 01:40 +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>> Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>
>> A few people have helped start gathering requirements, and ideas here ->
>>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/ldap-project/
> Providing a centralised authentication scheme for SVN, Jira, Bugzilla,
> Moin and Confluence will be enough work as it is!
Bugzilla integrates with LDAP already too and AD even (shudder).

I agree root@, sudo, and admin stuff can stay off this until its
implemented.  This is relatively trivial to add anyway with SSH keys and
PAM (at least for the FBSD boxes) after LDAP is up and running. Even
then its not really worth it for < 10 users/box.

I saw kerberose was raised at one point.  I know freebsd.org uses it
cross country for FREEBSD.ORG, but I don't particularly like it in a
mixed os environment.

Consultant - P6M7G8 Inc.  http://p6m7g8.net
Senior System Admin - RideCharge, Inc.  http://ridecharge.com

Work like you don't need the money,