From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Centralised authentication/authorisation
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:18:28 GMT
On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 01:40 +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:

> Tony Stevenson wrote:
>

> > A few people have helped start gathering requirements, and ideas here ->
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/projects/ldap-project/
> >

> I have just updated these a little.
>

> Leading on from this, there are several steps that need to be
> considered.  This primarily revolves around the schema design, and which
> product(s) should be considered.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how you think the schema should look? There
> is an initial document in the SVN repo.
>
> What about the concepts of using Kerberos and/or certificated?

My one thought from browsing the proposed schema is that we have two use
cases, committers and admins. Personally, at this point in time, I think
we should be focussing on committers. That is where the scaling issues
are. Adding Jack Black as root on hermes is a simple one off job that
doesn't happen too often, so we can stick with our current scheme for
the time being.

Providing a centralised authentication scheme for SVN, Jira, Bugzilla,
Moin and Confluence will be enough work as it is!

Upayavira