From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject From: vs Sender: in mails to mailing lists.
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:42:03 GMT
Excuse me if this is the wrong list, but I am faced with a ezmlm problem.

ezmlm uses the Sender: header over the From: header for mails to
mailing lists. And I use GMail client while travelling, which will set
the Sender: to the GMail account while at the same time correctly set
the From: to my primary mail address. The result is seen in two cases;

 * Subscribing to mailing lists from GMail client is buggered up, and
I need to do a user-subscribe-niclas=hedhman.org@xyz.apache.org.

 * According to Apache River moderators, my posts from the GMail
client goes to queue for moderation, which can be seen in the sent
mail (see below). I also checked that other Incubator project mailing
lists (etch-*@i.a.o) do the same thing.

Is it only me having GMail as a temporary client with a primary mail
address elsewhere, or is there a solution to this?

Cheers
Niclas