From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject git-svn dcommit of multiple changes
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:58:29 GMT
Just ran into an odd behavior with git synched against sv.eu.apache.org.

I've been working locally for some time, creating about 4-5 topic
branches, and then merging them to the master branch, and deleting the
topic branches. When I finally got online, I did this:

  $ git checkout master
  $ git svn rebase
  $ git svn dcommit

To my surprise this only committed to SVN my first local commit out of
many that I had, so to get all my local changes to SVN, I had to do
this in the loop:

  $ git svn rebase
  $ git svn dcommit
  ... repeat N times

Also sometimes I had to repeat the rebase part multiple times after
each commit - there seems to be a few second delay until git rebase
resets the local branch into a state when I can repeat a dcommit.

Googling this behavior didn't turn any useful info - all svn/git
integration docs and blogs indicate that dcommit commits the entire
delta between the local and remote repo.

Is this something specific to how svn.eu.apache.org is setup? Or am I
missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Andrus