From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git mirror for Cayenne (vs. git-svn)
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:38:21 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Andrus Adamchik <aadamchik@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmm... my initial excitement about git is being offset with this flashback
> from CVS days:
>
>  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitFaq#head-1fbd4a018d45259c197b169e87dafce2a3c6b5f9
>
> Doh! All my Maven modules with stubbed test and resource directories are now
> broken.

Yeah, there are a number of things git does differently from svn.
Another potential cause of trouble is the different way of handling
features like svn:ignore, svn:keywords, and svn:eol-style.

There are some ways in which we could make the mirrors better match
the authoritative source in svn. For example the empty directories
could be duplicated by making git-svn automatically place dummy
.gitignore files in such directories. Similarly, we could simulate
svn:ignore settings with suitably constructed .gitignore files.

However, I'm not sure if it makes sense to go too far down that path.

BR,

Jukka Zitting