From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: [scm] Making a public git mirror of an Apache project
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:55:02 GMT
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org>
> wrote:
> > So did the export end up working or is git-svn still confused with the
> > 563283:563286 changesets? If you give me the error that git-svn reports,
> > could report a bug to them. I can also try the export if you want and zip
> it
> > if/when it ends up working, I don't want this to get too time consuming
> for
> > you.
>
> I didn't keep the exact log, but right after dealing with that set of
> changes it fails with an error about trying to remove a file (I think
> it was jbi.rake) that doesn't exist in the currently checked out
> revision.
>
> You can recreate the error like this:
>
>    export GIT_DIR=ode.git
>    git svn init -s https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/
>     git svn fetch --log-window-size=10000
>
> The process takes some while (like 30 mins) until it fails.

Just as a follow-up, I've reproduced this (although it took more than 30mn,
your server must be fast :) ) and raised the issue to the git mailing list.
No answer so far (I posted yesterday) but let's wait and see. I might end up
patching git-svn to add some sort of ignore when the branch parent detection
ends up being wrong.

Thanks,
Matthieu