From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GIT mirror for Tuscany?
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:33:02 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:
> Would it be possible to mirror the Tuscany trunk and maybe a few branches on
> http://jukka.zitting.name/git/?

Sure, though your repository structure is a bit troublesome from a
git-svn perspective. Normally git-svn expects that all the branches
and tags are based on copies if the entire trunk. You have no single
trunk in Tuscany, and your branches and tags seem to be based on
copies of individual component subdirectories. This is fine in svn,
but makes things a bit complex for a git mirror.

It seems like the best approach for mapping your repository structure
to git would be to for example create separate mirrors for the SCA,
SDO and DAS components. This way we could get reasonably accurate
mappings for the tags in tags/java/*. There is no similar structure
for the branches directory, so I'd just map all branches to all
components. This would create unneeded branches in each of the
component mirrors, but at least all the none of the unneeded branches
would be lost.

I scheduled the creation of an example mirror for the SCA component.
I'll ping when it's ready for you to take a look.

BR,

Jukka Zitting