From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making git mirror synchronized on every commit
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:45:49 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<grek@tuffmail.com> wrote:
> The final question goes to Jukka: Are you fine with adding such feature to your server?
> At the beginning we could add this experimentally just for one project (Cocoon) and
> see how this performs.

Why not, though I'd like to move carefully so we don't accidentally
start putting extra load on svn.

I set up something similar to what you proposed on my server, though
instead of periodically polling an RSS feed I actually subscribed a
custom address to cvs@cocoon.apache.org and  configured it to flag the
Cocoon repository as needing an update whenever a new message is
received.

I also have another process that periodically (once a minute) checks
that flag and starts git-svn to update the mirror whenever needed.

I'd like to monitor this setup for at least a week or two before
extending it to other mirrors. Also, if anyone of our svn admins has
any concerns about this, please let us know!

BR,

Jukka Zitting