From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Making a public git mirror of an Apache project
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:49:00 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> So did the export end up working or is git-svn still confused with the
> 563283:563286 changesets? If you give me the error that git-svn reports, I
> could report a bug to them. I can also try the export if you want and zip it
> if/when it ends up working, I don't want this to get too time consuming for
> you.

I didn't keep the exact log, but right after dealing with that set of
changes it fails with an error about trying to remove a file (I think
it was jbi.rake) that doesn't exist in the currently checked out
revision.

You can recreate the error like this:

    export GIT_DIR=ode.git
    git svn init -s https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/
    git svn fetch --log-window-size=10000

The process takes some while (like 30 mins) until it fails.

BR,

Jukka Zitting