From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making git mirror synchronized on every commit
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:00:39 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
> <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>> Could this period (1 minute) be little bit shortened?
>
> The reason why I wanted to leave at least a short interval between
> potential updates is that for larger commits the commit notification
> messages get split into multiple messages that at worst could trigger
> multiple subsequent updates. It's easy enough to prevent updates to
> run concurrently, but I'd also want to avoid hitting the svn server
> repeatedly after just a single commit.
>
>> Then I would like to start experimenting with exchanging patches to Cocoon
>> codebase using Git. The idea is that someone that wants to contribute to Cocoon
>> uses normal Git workflow:
>
> Sounds good, I've been thinking about the same workflow.

Hi Jukka again.

I just wanted to ask you whether you were already successful with such a workflow. At the
moment I
have a problem with clone of your repository as it's completely unusable for pushing my changes
back
to svn repository.

When I clone repository hosted on your server I don't get any svn-specific configuration entries
in
my .git/config and .git/svn directory is not cloned at all. Even if I copy related entries
.git/config the git svn dcommit command still fails.

Have you found out how to push changes applied to repository coming as a clone of your repositories?
This is actually the only missing step to make full use of your hosting.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski