From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Making a public git mirror of an Apache project
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:53:52 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ping me if you're interested in seeing other Apache codebases mirrored.

I've added a number of mirrors based on demand.

The latest one was Wicket whose version history took a whopping 5+
days to pull. It seems like git-svn is re-reading the entire version
histories of all tags and branches. It can still somehow piece
together the correct branch points, but this mechanism is obviously
not very efficient. I'll check with the git team if there's a way to
make git-svn only read the changes _after_ a branch point.

BR,

Jukka Zitting