From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 17:09:14 GMT
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org>
> wrote:
> >  So what about using a zone to create a space where anyone with an
> account on
> >  p.a.o could have his own public git repository?
>
> We have no intention or plans, at this time, to supporting public git
> repositories hosted on our servers.  We have our hands more than full
> at the moment.
>
> If you want to host it yourself on your own equipment, I can't stop
> you.  (And, I won't as long as you don't DoS our boxes.  Which is what
> git-svn does out-of-the-box.)  But, there's a *lot* of work that would
> go into properly publicly serving yet-another-SCM and I've not seen
> anyone bother to come up with a full and detailed migration plan.  (As
> before, if we switch, it'll have to be a complete switch.)  -- justin

Actually the idea was more to experiment how it would work for a few people
and then if we start having scaling/admin/repository issues. That would be a
first step toward either a migration plan or a give up plan :) For my own
usage I already have github.

But anyway I understand that you're more than busy at the moment, that was
just a suggestion for maybe later...

Thanks,
Matthieu