From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 20:16:59 GMT

--- Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read the whining and blather on your side. We just
> happen to be outside of the club holding the
> power and need to ask for you to restore
> the functionality of the SCM server instead of
> returning arbitrary
> errors.

We $who, you asked earlier?  I see from Jim's page
[1] that you are listed as a member of the
infrastructure team.  Based on your attitude toward
Justin and the rest of us, I can only presume that
you didn't earn your spot.  Someone must've given
you karma based on your personality instead of your
true infrastructure work.

The reason those blocks are in place has nothing
whatsoever to do with curbing the behavior of our
committers.  It has to do with keeping the
source-scraping companies off our collective backs.

[1] - http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

Be a better friend, newshound, and