From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stop responding to insults (Was: Stop flaming (Was: Best Practices so far?))
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 00:54:05 GMT

--- Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Switched the title, sorry but I need the semantic
> precision.

I've read what you've written, and I'd like to suggest
a different model for engagement here that doesn't
involve street punks and pack animals.

If you feel someone has insulted you personally,
simply point out that that was uncalled for and
to remind each other that we are all friends and
colleagues here.

There is nothing wrong with disagreement about
policy and its implementation, but picking apart
each other's points in order to engage in argument
is not exactly the friendly conduct which typifies
dialog at the ASF IMO.  When the President of the
foundation tells us his thoughts on any particular
subject, the only appropriate response is to say
thank you, and perhaps noting your disagreement with
his remarks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and