From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 16:30:44 GMT
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
>  So what about using a zone to create a space where anyone with an account on
>  p.a.o could have his own public git repository?

We have no intention or plans, at this time, to supporting public git
repositories hosted on our servers.  We have our hands more than full
at the moment.

If you want to host it yourself on your own equipment, I can't stop
you.  (And, I won't as long as you don't DoS our boxes.  Which is what
git-svn does out-of-the-box.)  But, there's a *lot* of work that would
go into properly publicly serving yet-another-SCM and I've not seen
anyone bother to come up with a full and detailed migration plan.  (As
before, if we switch, it'll have to be a complete switch.)  -- justin