From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: early availability of svn.eu.apache.org
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 12:07:48 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> ACK, thanks. I'll try again later.

Following up to let you know that I'm now successfully using
svn.eu.apache.org for normal work. Works well and is very responsive.

I'm only 12 hops from svn.eu.apache.org versus 20 hops to
svn.apache.org, and the network roundtrip time is down from 200+ ms to
30+ ms. Also svn operations are much faster, an svn log or svn blame
on a moderately actively modified file (170 changes) takes 30+ seconds
on svn.apache.org but less than 5 seconds on svn.eu.apache.org.

I hope these figures don't change too much even when the mirror starts
seeing more load, as such performance improvements go a long way to
addressing many of the performance concerns I've so far tried to
address with git-svn.

Thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting