From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: early availability of svn.eu.apache.org
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 20:17:13 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ideally you should be able to use svn.eu.apache.org
> as if it were the master- it even will accept commits
> over https.  The drawback at the moment is that
> the unreliability of the link between the master
> and the mirror is that syncs may take a few minutes
> to complete.  If you are in the habit of running
> svn update right after you make a commit, you may
> find this unbearable at the moment, but if that
> isn't part of your work habits, the mirror should
> serve European users rather well.

I just tried to commit using svn.eu.apache.org but got the following error:

    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
not be checked out.

My workflow was:

    svn co https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk
    cd trunk
    ... # work on an issue
    svn update # make sure I'm on latest sources
    svn commit

PS. Not sure if it's related, but a number of my svn update and commit
attempts against svn.eu.apache.org failed with network errors. Are
there network issues also on svn.eu.apache.org?

BR,

Jukka Zitting